Wednesday, September 17, 2008

almost forgotten story

on Sunday, when we went to town, a must-stop is at the mercado (the mexican grocery store). as we get 1/2 down the first isle Z hollers he has to potty (which means RUN, NOW!). so we run to the front of the store & go into the bathroom & he goes......for like 15 minutes...i...am....not...exaggerating....good thing we ran, he meant business!

so i get him his toilet paper & have him clean himself. beings we've been there so long & this is our last stop before the drive home i decide i should probably empty my bladder as well. when i reach for the toilet paper i use a different roll from the one that i grabbed for Z & notice a difference & laughed to myself.

see, i've previously experienced this 2 kinds of toilet paper thing & although their's may have been completely innocent of my history, it never the less reminded me of this experience:

when i was a kid & my dad lived with a very hispanic woman & i think she had 4 or 5 kids. she was the one who made a point of inviting me over & getting my dad at least somewhat involved in my life. anyways, the first time i went to visit & i needed to use the restroom one of the kids led me down the hall, walked me into the bathroom, then showed me the 2 different rolls of toilet paper. keep in mind the child is probably around 4 or 5 & i'm probably jr high/early hs age & the kid explains to me "this is for when you do pee & this is for when you do shit".

2 comments:

  1. omg that is awesome!

    so is the #1 tp single ply and the #2 tp extra thick with quilting? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i think the softer one was #1& the heavy duty one was for #2

    ReplyDelete

tell me your thoughts...