this is a work in progress:
* i've lived in california my entire life
* my parents were migrant workers; my father is caucasion, my mom is hispanic
* their divorce was final when i was 6, neither one ever re-married
* i am an only child
* when i was a kid, i wanted an older sister
* i haven't been to any of my class reunions because i wasn't ready to face some of the people that made my childhood/adolescence hell. i think i'm ready to attend my 20 yr though.
* i am a compulsive e-mail checker
* i'm a cancer through & through. i'm emotional, moody, guarded. i have few friends, but those who are, are dear to my heart & i protect them fiercely.
* many people think i'm quiet & shy, that's because they haven't seen the real me.
* when i met B, i had given up on boys, or thought i had.
* i believe B is my soulmate
* i love rain but dislike wind
* my drink of choice is vodka, i dislike beer & wine...sad, i know
* i can not stand cigarette smoke, i can feel my lungs constricting when i smell it
* i have the sensory skills of a bloodhound, it's not a good thing
* i'm horrible at any type of game & all sports
* every car i've ever owned (3) has been a stick shift, i'm worried my next one will have to be automatic beings my options were really limited the last time i got a car.
* i have a thing for stuff made out of glass, i like it very much
* i write right-handed but do pretty much everything else with my left side
* i have traveled to australia & japan
* i have extreme issues about speaking in front of a group
* every night i thank God for the day he's given me, for B, Z, my mom, my nana, my family & friends & everyone's health. & for saving my marriage.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
this is a work in progress:
Monday, September 17, 2007
"so when you're at the bottom of a lake....pause....and you open your mouth..........longgggg pauseeee...........the fishies.....pause....think your mouth is a tunnel......so you have to close your mouth.....pause.....so the fishies don't swim in there."
i have know idea where all that came from, but i related it the toilet scene in trainspotting. if you haven't seen that movie, watch it, it's a great druggie movie.
Friday, September 14, 2007
i'm a girl again. i don't like this.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
so i reach around & find a puffy dinosaur sticker on my ass (yellow stegosaurous, if you care to be specific).
i don't know what made me stop & put my hands on my sides, but thank goodness i did because i KNOW no one would have told me i had a dinosaur stuck to my ass & i would have gone around all day long thinking the extra attention i was getting was because i was having a good hair day or something!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
i was on my way to work, on the 78 east, taking the exit to 15 south when i switched the radio over to npr when the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower & they announced this was no accident, we were under attack.
the 30 mile drive was strange, every one on the freeway was in shock & disbelief. at work we listened to the radio & checked the internet for updates as the day unfolded. my heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones at this time & in the ensuing wars.
the irony is this day is possibly the day my child was conceived -although Z was born at the end of May, he was early, he was due June 14th.