Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sick Z

MLK weekend was supposed to be a MUCH needed get away weekend. We had many options, go to sd, go to vegas, go to the snow, if nothing else at least go to town, but none of that happened. On sun am Z woke up with a "not sure which end it's gonna come out of" bug.

First he sat on the toilet in our bathroom, then for some reason he decided he wanted to go to his bathroom & you know they say the important thing to learn as a parent is to choose your battles right (who knew there would be THIS many battles), so i made no attempts to argue & let him go. I ran ahead to his bathroom to get the toilet seat prepped, then I see him waddling his way over.

Although this was his decision, his want, his choice, he came stumbling over with his pants around his ankles. Don't ya think if you were in that situation, not sure what was going to happen, you would either pull the pants up or fling them off to make the dash to the next receptacle as quick as possible???

It ended up being both ends & he was sick all week but because i can be incredibly selfish at times, we still went my mom's on wed. I know I'm a bad mother, he was too sick to go to school (well not really, I just didn't want him to have an accident & then be known for the rest of his life as the kid who shits in his pants, so really it was for his best interest) & I woke up sick on wed, but really we NEEDED to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...