Tuesday, January 22, 2008

excited about

So we haven't been out of town since the trip to Chicago for thanksgiving. (Yeah, I know I didn't make posts about that, nor of Christmas. I will at some point I'm waiting for the memory of Z's behavior to wane & only remember the good parts. It will be posted at some point in the future, for now it sits in my head fermenting.)

Anyways, yes, I'm going insane in mayberry. I do feel the walls closing in & it's difficult to breathe. It's been over 8 weeks of grocery store, walmart & a few trips to mervyns as my only outings. I've got ants in my pants – remember that from sparks?

To postpone the anxiety attack, I bought a steamer the other day at walmart. One you use to steam your clothes instead of using an iron. I never really had the desire for one, but when you're bored, you're bored. The normal chaos of life impeding me from using that thing right away though, so there it sat, probably 2 weeks. I remember telling my mom about how excited I was about using it & I would just look over at the unopened box. I can still hear my mom say "oh…" with such disappointment you would have thought I told her I was hooked on drugs. Yeah, it has come that far that I am THAT excited about a steamer.

I finally got the chance this weekend to use it – eh, is my rating for it. The garment doesn't have a crisp finish of an iron however it does remove the "i've slept in this" look – more than acceptable for my workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...