Friday, January 4, 2008

And then my head popped off

Ever since we went to knott's my back has had an issue. It wasn't from the sidewinder, it was from the kiddy rollercoaster I got on w/Z; it had a sharp dip that I knew from the second we hit it, my body was going to suffer.

Normally I can twist, turn, contort my body & relive the pressure, but this was bad so I had to go to the chiropractor. The spot between my shoulder blades was so out of whack he wasn't able to straighten it out. He told me to come back after the weekend for a follow-up (free) treatment because he wanted to try again. He fixed, it but the pain returned so I went to see him today.

The assistant did all the heat/massage/electrical therapy stuff which was all good. Then the doc came in & twisted me this way, then that way, then he pulled me forward & THAT was the ticket! Wow, circulation, blood flow & oxygen, such good things for a body, especially a brain! Who would have thought?

Then he moved on to my neck & he pulled on my head & it cracked in 3 different places & that's when my head popped off & rolled across the floor. Or at least that's what it felt like & the doc's eyes said "holy shit!" but somehow he remained calm (obviously had lots of training for such events) & he told me to lay there until I felt stable, he could tell I was dizzy or maybe my eyes crossed or something. I'm pretty sure that when I walked out of the office my feet weren't touching the ground, I'm floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...