Wednesday, January 30, 2008

priorities

you know just because I was off pretty much all week doesn't give anyone around here the right to expect me to work this week. i worked like a whole 4 hours last week.....ok, I guess the "work" term is debatable, but I was here, available. Anyways, so yeah, back to earning my keep AGAIN & no time for posting my rantings, priorities people, priorities….it's wednesday & I didn't make a single post last week!

i think i'm a rather resourceful person, i can usually find something to do, keep myself busy. i mean if you gave me a box of rocks i would organize them 12 different ways; i'm an only child, i have a master's degree in how to keep yourself entertained & i've had many years in training on how to look busy in lieu of taking on additional responsibilities in the workplace.

so when i accepted this position & my soon-to-be boss asked "do you think you will find this position challenging enough for you?" well, let's see here, my unemployment runs out next week…so, yes, i'm sure i can handle it.

in the past beyond the usual work scope i've always been able to find something to destroy so i could rebuild it & make it better somehow, but here i'm unable to do that. i've organized the supply closet, taken everything out of the filing cabinets & created a filing system, re-arranged the equipment in the bathroom (yup, that's our equipment room!), taken a few online courses & spent countless hours on the internet. i suppose if i were a better person i could have used half of that internet time getting a 2nd or maybe even 3rd degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...