Wednesday, January 16, 2008

just couldn’t hold out any longer

i couldn't hold out any longer, i know i said i wasn't going to get my haircut in forever, but I just couldn't take it anymore…everyday i would look at my hair & just hate it, there wasn't anything i could do with it, it was just bad, bad, bad. well, there were 2 days that it wasn't so bad but that was because i wore a hat & only my bangs hung out & a couple of little curls peaked out the back & it looked somewhat cute.

So I asked a friend where she got her hair cut. Alright, she's not really my friend, she's Z's friend's mommy, I don't really have friends here. The townspeople aren't the friendliest folk & I'm not either, so we tend to repel each other. But Z's friend's mommy is also a military wife so she knows all too well what it's like to be alienated, nice to have a comrade.

Anyways, back to the story…so I got my hair fixed last night. She agreed, it was no where near a bob; then she looked at the back & was like, wow, that's a lot of layers. Yup, sure is! So she washes my hair & combs it out & says "I can kinda see a haircut in there, but it's a bad one & really bad for your hair" – duh, like I don't know this, I've been living with this mess on my head for 3 weeks.

She makes some cuts & then says she wants to dry it – because that's when my hair's true attributes come to life. Any of you remember my straight hair? well get this, she has to use a flat iron on my hair! My super-duper straight ass hair needs a flat iron because it ain't straight no more. Well some of it still is, on the crown, but the rest of my hair is curly & not in a good way & the different parts of my hair don't get along & they are not friends. She made some more cuts, tried to make them be friends & my hair looked significantly better than what it did when i walked in.

When i got home B said my hair looked good, then i went & showered to get all the hair off me. i made somewhat of an attempt to fix it, not too much as that would be 3 rounds of blow-drying in 1 day, so the next time B saw me the beast on my head had returned. the straight part had super volume & is about on an even plane as the top of my head (something like a runway model would spend hours to get her hair to look like but a normal person would be appalled to have such a thing on their head) & the curly part is doing it's own thing but also adding more volume to my hair & B tells me, yeah, maybe she was right & you should get a flat iron…

like i'm going to have time every morning to do that to my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...