Thursday, December 20, 2007

why i’m so pissy today

no the damn portrait did not get taken last night....

i went to get my haircut after work & was hoping the new 'do would make the portrait happening all that much better (being fully unaware that i would arrive home in tears). she's cut my hair before, was completely aware that i'm growing it out, i told her to cut off the bottom 1/2 inch to even out with the top layer, like a bob but not completely even like an egyptian, some texturing was ok.

i take off my glasses & let her cut, then i notice (although it's blurry) that she's cutting like a good inch or more off that top layer, but what can i do because it's not the 1st cut she's made so all i can do is sit in the chair as my stomach turns & wonder what the heck i'm going to end up with knowing whatever it is, it's not what i want, it's not what i asked for.

when she finishes & i put my glasses on i see layers, yup a whole lot of fricken LAYERS - she cut off about 2 years worth of growth. then she says it's a little shorter than you wanted but i think this is going to work really well for your hair. i didn't ask for something that works well for my stupid hair, nothing works well for it, i asked for a bob, everyone knows what a bob is, it has NO LAYERS!

i would have been better off putting a bowl on my head & letting B have a go at it - or Z for that matter! so the hair that was almost to my neck is now about 2 inches long, thanks...

i felt dumb for crying because i knew there was nothing i could do (or she could for that matter) that would change it, but i was so disappointed & mad. i know it's just hair, it will grow back, no one's hurt or anything like that, i guess if this is the only thing to cry about my life is good.

i'm still pissed though & i'm not getting my hair cut for the next 5 years! so when it looks like straw you know why....

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...