Monday, December 3, 2007

flex Fridays

i'm so going to miss flex Fridays whenever it is that we do move away from here. not only is it a 3 day weekend, more importantly it's a school day for Z! don't get me wrong, i know it sounds rather heartless, but IT'S A FREE DAY, sometimes even B has to work & i get a day of ME time. not that it's an exciting day...usually involves things like a bath so hot it turns my skin red, gorging on martha stewart & home & garden magazines, a facial, plucking my eyebrows (not just the thick ones growing halfway down my eyelid!), maybe even a mani/pedicure.

so on friday, B does me the favor of taking Z to school so i can stay in bed & when Z comes to kiss me before leaving for the day he says "are you going to stay in this bed ALL DAY LONG?" it was only 7:45am, it's not like it was noon & that attitude...hello???...don't i deserve a bit of a break

i was taken aback by the question, so it took me a minute to think of a response because a simple "no" wouldn't suffice, so i explained "in a little while i'm going to get up & lay on the sofa for the rest of the day". he didn't have a response for that.

it rained that day, dark & gloomy, loved it. i did get out of bed so i could lounge on the sofa & enjoy the rain. we had a quiet weekend. Z laughed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...