Friday, December 7, 2007

Daily Tantrum

instead of doing a daily photo entry, i'm thinking about making a daily tantrum entry, so everyone can enjoy the perplexities of my life...

this morning started out well, then as i was blow drying my hair & the antsy dog was trying to figure out what she was supposed to be doing (she loves being inside but has no idea what she's supposed to do, so she's constantly walking around on checking everyone making sure they're doing whatever they're supposed to be doing) & her anxiety bothers me so i hollered at her to "go lay down like a normal dog" as the blow dryer is going & as soon as i stop talking i hear noise. screaming, shouting, ear piercing, stream of noise from Z's room. absolutely, completey incoherent, but could tell by the tone it wasn't pain, it was pissed off. thankfully the blow dryer was so close to my head otherwise my ears probably would have been bleeding.

i go ask Z what caused his outburst & explain to him whatever it was that he said i didn't hear because i had the blow dryer on & the voice he used was in a tone too high for humans to comprehend. instead of repeating what he said he hollered back at me "you did understand! you did understand!" so i walked away.

then he walked back into my bedroom & announced that he was going to take his darth vador toy to school (which i have told him repeatedly ain't gonna happen). he started to argue with me so i sent him to the corner for a few minutes.

when he came out of the corner he continued to argue with me about something else so i sent him back to the corner & when he threw a tantrum about it i told him the longer he took to get to that corner the longer he would be in the corner & started counting! at about 6 he started to run

after his 2nd round of corner time before 7:30am his demeanor changed. we'll see how he is at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...