Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ready to travel

the upcoming travel B will be going on at some point in the future includes the possibility of going back to Okinawa. however remote that possibility is, i decided Z & I need to be prepared to tag along so a few weeks ago we sent our paperwork in.

i didn't think we had to have one for Z but i wanted to be safe. the world's a crazy place, the kid looks nothing like B & I, so i wanted our bases covered. ended up being a good thing as i discovered in my research last week that all children no matter how young should have a passport when traveling outside the country. anyways, when the lady at the post office looked his paperwork over & said "oh, he is yours" i knew i had made the right decision, i guess she was expecting an adoption certificate....
so his passport arrived last week before we headed out of town.

as for me, this is my 3rd passport. my 1st one was to go to australia summer before senior year. the 2nd one was to go visit B in Okinawa in 2000, still valid but it had my maiden name. my new one arrived over the weekend. i should be good for awhile now, it's valid thru 2018 (that sounds so space age!). maybe i can get more than one trip in this one.

B said there's also a chance he may have to go to the main island - whoohoo!
ok, but we are not tagging along for the iraq trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...