Monday, August 18, 2008

the good parts about the w/e

in all the goings on over the weekend, there were some good things, some very good things worth remembering the next time i dread heading down there again:

- at the wake i ran into a friend from hs (Susan). not a classmate, she is/was an employee in the office & for one of my classes i took office aid, so i saw her daily. it was really neat to run into her after 19 years. what was even neater was to find out after all this time she didn't even know who my mom was. she asked me how i was related to my uncle & when i explained who my mother was, she couldn't believe it. she & my mom were friends since they were 13! she is a very nice woman & to know that she was kind to me just because, nothing to do w/my family, makes her even more endearing. her husband died some years ago & she married my uncle's brother, so now we're kin.

- finally got to meet baby C!!!! whoohoo! he's so cute & chunky, lovely black curls in his hair. wouldn't let me hold him though. made the same "mmmm" sounds as Z used to when he drank from his bottle. wish we could have spent more time over there but it was late, he was sick & we had to get up early the next day.

- a very old friend (Michelle) from hs, actually 3rd grade is when we met, came to the church & cemetery. if i saw her i didn't recognize her, but she called out to me, she looks even better than she did in hs (& i was jealous of her then!). we talked a bit at the cemetery, seems so weird that we're parents w/kids. talking to her, i felt like i was 19 years old still. i was very touched that she attended the services for my uncle.

- visited Nana, she's doing well & looks good. mom went too (a grand bonus). we tooks some pics w/everyone & chatted a bit. couldn't stay very long as we had to go to the hall, but i know she can't handle long visits anyways. Z entertained us by gathering up dead roaches & parading them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...