Tuesday, October 23, 2007

my turn for strep

on Thursday morning it hurt to talk. after dropping Z off at school i went in to medical so they could take a sample of my throat culture (doesn't that sound nice?). the nurse was nice enough, but it took her several tries to get the sample & she had to use the big popsicle stick & made me gag. she said it would take a few days to grow the culture - ick, so they would get back to me next week.

within half an hour of getting home the nurse called & said the dr wanted to see me, so i was back on my way to medical. she gave me the once over & also attempted to look down my throat & gagged me. then she says "wow, your tongue really is swollen" - i guess that's why they called me back. she said she also saw pus (GROSS) at the back of my throat so she was going to put me on penicillin & give me motrin to reduce the swelling!

it's now Tuesday, i never received a phone call from the dr confirming the strep, but i still feel like hell...

update - turns out it wasn't strep, just a bad case of swollen tongue i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...