Thursday, November 15, 2007

military notes

We make attempts to not let the military infiltrate our lives but it always finds a way to creep in here & there.

We found out a little over a week ago that it's possible we may be relocated in the next few months. We had hoped to slip through the cracks & simply retire here, although we knew a remote chance existed that the monitor may have his eye on us (well B really, Z & I are just baggage). If they decide to move us, it's more than likely either Pendleton or to North Carolina; so they could get one more deployment out of B before his 20 years is up. I'll keep ya updated on that one.

We had a good time at the ball this year...maybe it's because we knew what to expect, maybe it's because we knew more people, who knows, but we had fun. I danced to Oingo Boingo with Gouda & laughed a lot with Carrie.

There was one bad thing – the face; I didn't see it but B did & he didn't tell me until after we left. Although I've been a military wife for a few years, I'm pretty sheltered about their ways (yes their's, not mine). Evidently one of the wives, whom I mistakenly thought was a friend, made a face when she realized my husband was enlisted, not an officer. Oh the horror she must have felt to have associated with such trash!

update 01/10/07 - still no word, so all is well

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...