Saturday, August 30, 2008

falling down a mountain, end up kissing dirt

ok, it wasn't a mountain.

Z & I took L-bird for a walk. we started to sprint & well, L-bird has barely learned how to walk on a leash anything beyond that was new territory for the girl. so when we picked up speed, she got the forward part, that's in her nature, but she was spastic, just all over the place & although i kept tugging the leash over to the right, she was still everywhere. i stepped on a paw & that was the end of it...in slow motion of course...

& it wasn't dirt, it was pavement.

i stepped on her paw with my right foot, my next step with my left foot was off, i attempted to regain my balance & thought i had it, but then the following right step was when i knew i was going down. & before i knew it i was splattered on the pavement. luckily it was almost dark, so no one else was out & i don't think anyone saw me. i looked up immediately & called to Z to make sure he stopped & waited for me to see if i could pick myself up. then i hear voices in the open garage just a few feet away from me, so there was no time for games, i quickly picked myself up & started walking as if i hadn't been laying on the sidewalk in front of their house. luckily there's a mailbox right there so if they heard any commotion they probably thought i was checking the mail, not inspecting the pavement.

i ended up with a scabbed knee & i managed to scrap nailpolish off 1/2 my left toe as i slid across the pavement.

oh & as for the song reference (in case you didn't get it, it's INXS), it's a little foreshadowing for the next post, see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts...